The times have certainly changed. In the four years since we last sold a property and purchased a home, things have gone very high-tech. I found the agent's folder that my parents received when they purchased their home in 1999 the other day. It contained four photos... FOUR! Can you imagine getting interested in a home with only four photos. I feel cheated if it has under 20!
Fortunately for me, the times have changed! Between apps like Zillow, ShowTimes, Google Earth and who knows what else, shoppers are now able to get full access to a complete 360 of the house before they ever set foot in the door.
SO WHAT HAVE I LEARNED?
1. Pricing is done by the square foot based on home sales in your immediate vicinity. If you price under the standard, your house will sell SUPER FAST. If you price at the normal or a little above, it may take a bit longer.
2. Get a great listing agent. If you want your home to sell fast, you need a proactive listing agent who takes care of all the digital marketing needs. That should include Facebook ads, Zillow updates, etc.
3. You'll need to have your home professionally photographed. Our agent took care of organizing that and covering all the costs associated with that as part of the service he renders.
4. Go ahead and host a garage sale. Having less stuff in the house will make it easier to show. No need to wait until you've already sold to have a moving sale. It helps to empty out whatever you can so your home looks spacious and open. You may even want to do that before you list.
5. You get to set the showing times. You don't have to be at the beck & call of people who may or may not be interested. You can ask for down time whenever you need it. Don't let the process stress you out!
CREATE THIS PLACE SETTING
I hope this helps you know how to sell your home with ease!
If you have learned other lessons not listed here, please feel free to share those! I'd love to keep learning about how to sell a house.
Find inspiration in uplifting, digital exclusive content.
Near to My Heart is a collection of articles and interviews that can only be found right here! Submit your email below to receive our Near to My Heart
e-journal, delivered monthly to your inbox!
Cornel Warren, Managing Editor of Live with Heart & Soul, shares her heart as she reaches Christian women with timeless, beautiful content to encourage and inspire their walks with God, themselves and those around them.